PRYOR — Thursday was a day of highs and lows for the Miami High School baseball team in the Pryor tournament.

Just hours after the Wardogs posted their third win of the season against Catoosa, they suffered an 8-3 loss to Edmond Deer Creek in a game that saw the Antlers’ Michael Fulmer throw a no hitter.

“He’s the hardest throwing kid we’ve seen and we just didn’t make very good adjustments,” Miami coach Chris Mercer said. “He probably threw 85 or 86 (miles per hour) — we haven’t seen that yet. He had a good breaking ball and change up.”

The Wardogs opened a long day with a 5-3 victory against the Indians.

Their game with Deer Creek was scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. but actually didn’t get going until 10:45 p.m. Catoosa needed 10 innings to beat Skiatook 13-12 in the day’s first game, pushing everything back.

“I don’t know if that was a factor or not,” Mercer said. “I think it was more velocity than anything else.”

The storm system that plowed into the state today forced the cancellation of Friday’s final four pool games.

The tournament was to have wrapped up Saturday.

“They talked about maybe Wednesday or Thursday,” Mercer said. “If we get to play, it would be in the third place game against Tahlequah.”

The Tigers split their two pool games, beating McAlester 3-2 before losing to Pryor 2-1.

Pryor and Deer Creek both went 2-0 in their respective pools.

Miami and Catoosa were 1-1 in Pool B, but Miami advanced due to head-to-head competition.

Tahlequah and McAlester also were 1-1 in Pool A, but Tahlequah advanced with its 3-2 win over the Buffs on Wednesday.

“We really played pretty well in both games,” Mercer said. “We played better defensively in both games than we have.”

In the loss to second-ranked Deer Creek (10-3), the Wardogs scratched out single runs in the first, second and third innings.

In the first, James Pickens walked, stole second, went to third on a passed ball and was squeezed in by Matt Walker.

Then in the second, Jordan Simons was hit by a pitch, stole second and third and scored on a passed ball.

Miami’s run in the third inning came when Josh White reached on an error and he moved to second on a passed ball. He stole second and scored on an error.

The Wardogs had just four baserunners the rest of the way.

Kaden Nicholas was hit by a pitch in the fourth.

Then in the fifth, Pickens and Grant Longcrier walked, but Nick Jones hit into a fielder’s choice.

Fulmer retired the final seven batters he faced.

The Antlers scored once in the first, four times in the second and added two more runs in the fifth. Their final run came in the sixth.

Fulmer struck out 14 batters.

Miami 5, Catoosa 3

Miami got the winning runs in the bottom of the sixth inning.

Catoosa jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the first, the Dogs went up 2-1 in the second, then the Indians scratched out single runs in the third and fourth.

The Wardogs tied the game in the fifth. Walker led off with a single and scored on a one-out hit by Longcrier.

Then in the sixth, Jordan Hessee led off with a single and White hit a two-run homer.

Andrew Allen went the distance to get the win for Miami, which had beaten the Indians 14-6 and 5-4  in the earlier meetings.

Hessee and Walker had two singles each for MHS.

The Wardogs are idle until Thursday, when they host Locust Grove.