MIAMI — The NCAA isn’t the only one using computers to help with the ranking process in football.

The National Junior College Athletic Association has been doing it since 2012, according to Ricky Webster, director of marketing and communications with the NJCAA.

“We incorporate them in week five of each season as the rankings focus on strength of schedule and the schedules are more defined after week five,” Webster said in an email.

Northeastern Oklahoma A&M jumped two spots to eighth after its 10-9 win over Navarro College on Saturday, Sept. 29.

East Mississippi remains No 1., with all 17 first-place votes, but there was a big shake up at 2 through 10.

Northwest Mississippi and Garden City (Kansas) Community College swapping places, with Northwest now second.

Rounding out the top 10 are Iowa Western (which had been fifth), Hutchinson (Kansas) CC (7), Lackawanna (Pennsylvania) College (T5), Jones (Mississippi) College (9), NEO (10), Snow (Utah) College (8), and Scottsdale (Arizona) CC (4).

The Norsemen received 210.39 points and are just 6.75 points behind Jones.

Webster said 25 percent of the rankings come from the computer while the other 75 percent is made up of a 17-member polling committee that features a representative from each of the seven NJCAA districts, two annual rotating at-large voters and one representative from the seven conferences, along with a representative from the independent schools. Previously, there were only nine voters on the poll and the computer rankings made up 33 percent of the poll, he said

“That process was altered last year to the current format as determined by the NJCAA Football Standing Committee,” Webster said. “The highest and lowest human vote for each team is dropped to eliminate outlier votes.”