Fire destroyed a local business Friday, drawing firefighters away from the flood-damaged south station to downtown Miami.

The office of Dr. Stephen M. Long, a local chiropractor, burned shortly after the office staff had closed up shop for the day, according to Miami Fire Chief Kevin Trease.

Trease said a faulty electrical outlet is believed to be the cause of the fire that destroyed the building.

“It is a total loss, Trease said.

Officials say a motorist called 9-1-1 upon seeing smoke rising from the eaves.

A full fire crew was at the scene for about an hour, according to Trease.