Ottawa County commmissioners made no decision Wednesday after reviewing proposals for countywide debris removal.

A Batesville, Miss., company submitted the lowest bid among eight contractors who answered the county's request for proposals.

Commissioners agreed to present the bids to federal and state emergency management officials for review before making a decision.

Commission members said this week that they are considering providing the monitoring of debris removal - provided that the county's labor costs can be considered an in-kind contribution to its portion of recovery expense.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency will reimburse the county for 75 percent of the cost to recover from the Dec. 8 ice storm. The state and the county must split the cost of the remaining 25 percent.

County officials will take the matter back up at 9 a.m. Monday as they convene for their regular meeting.