JAY — Twelve more charges have been filed against a former Jay High School Girls Basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct with a 15-year-old girl.

Cory Lyndon Henton, 38, of Jay, appeared in district court in Jay on Tuesday, June 23, for announcement on two charges of lewd molestation filed on March 27. Both charges are punishable by imprisonment of up to 20 years each.

On March 30, Henton was arrested by members of the Jay Police Department for two felony charges of lewd molestation.

The initial charges stem from two alleged incidents, which took place in his office at Bulldog Arena. In court documents, Henton allegedly "knowingly and intentionally" kissed the 15-year-old female student, during two separate incidents in February and March of this year.

Following his arrest in March, Henton posted a $40,000 bond and was released from the Delaware County Jail.

New Charges

On Tuesday, Henton acknowledged in district court 10 more counts of lewd molestation added against him, along with a charge of pattern of criminal offenses and soliciting sexual conduct or communication with minor by use of technology, all felonies.

A lewd molestation charge is punishable by imprisonment for up to 20 years. A pattern of criminal offense is punishable by imprisonment for up to two years, or imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed one year, and/or a fine of up to $25,000. Soliciting sexual conduct or communication with minor by use of technology is punishable by imprisonment for up to 10 years and/or a fine of up to $10,000.

According to court records, at the conclusion of court proceedings Tuesday, Henton was taken into custody and booked into the Delaware County Jail. He posted a $24,000 bond and was released after processing.

He is set to return for a court hearing at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 12, according to court records.

All charges stem from an investigation by the JPD when allegations of an inappropriate relationship when a 15-year-old girl came to light on March 23.

According to Jay Police Chief Mike Shambaugh, the investigation took a turn when lead investigator Police Officer Dale Eberle unexpectedly became ill.

“Eberle was the original lead investigator. Without warning, he suffered some health issues and the case came to an abrupt halt," Shambaugh said. "His fellow officers picked up the investigation where Eberle left off.

"They have spent many days and long hours collecting evidence, and talking to witnesses. I'm very pleased with the way things have unfolded. We have good evidence and good witnesses."

According to the amended affidavit for arrest, filed by Shambaugh, on March 28, five days after the girl's initial forensic interview on March 23, she told her parents she had lied during the initial interview to protect Henton, whom she considered her boyfriend.

During a second forensic interview on March 28, the girl stated her relationship started in December 2014 and lasted until March 23, 2015, according to Shambaugh's affidavit.

In January, the teen said Henton told her he “really liked her and that he had a crush on her," according the affidavit.

Additional letters and texts, exchanged between the girl and Henton, were discovered during the investigation, which confirmed the statement the girl made to authorities.

During the investigation, law enforcement personnel uncovered that Henton allegedly an app called Cyber Dust to communicate with the girl. According to the affidavit, Cyber Dust is a mobile app which self-deletes pictures or messages sent through the it.

The affidavit signed by Shambaugh also indicates that he finds probable cause for crimes within the City of Oklahoma jurisdiction. Those charges, not yet filed, will likely include one count of pattern of criminal offenses; two counts of soliciting sexual contact or communication with a minor by use of technology and two counts lewd or indecent proposals or acts to a child under 16.

More About Henton

In addition to coaching the girl's basketball team, Henton had been employed by the Jay School District as a teacher and assistant softball coach.

He formally resigned from his position on March 31, according to Jay Superintendent Charles Thomas.