Quick lists of local events and entertainment to help make the most of this weekend.
1. Comedy at the Loony Saloon inside the Stables Casino, 530 H Street SE in Miami, will feature stand up comedian Jerry Karnes from Central El Paso, Texas, who has been rocking stages with his very unique and diverse performances since 2004, and is a TRUE crowd pleaser. Karnes is followed by special guest Desiree Newton, Originally from Fort Smith, Arkansas, and possibly the funniest woman you’ve never heard of. Performances are Friday, April 6 at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, April 7 at 7:30 and 10 p.m. Tickets for all shows are $10.
2. The 2017-18 academic year at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College marks its 99th anniversary. To honor the milestone, NEO will host the ninth annual Founders’ Day Celebration. The Mabon Award Ceremony is at 2 p.m. on Friday, April 6, in Commons Hall Auditorium. For more information, please contact Jordan Adams at 918-540-6211.
3. The Coleman Theatre presents Rock Legends, featuring Billy McGuigan, in concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 7. Tickets are $20 for adults, $15 for senior citizens and $10 for students and children. In this unique musical experience by McGuigan, audiences are given the opportunity to vote, through the power of their applause, for the songs and music they want to hear.
4. BTCA will be hosting a Futurity, Derby & Classic on Saturday, April 7 at the Bordertown Casino and Arena, 129 Oneida St, Wyandotte. Futurity will start at 3 p.m. with rider events (Derby & Classic) to begin at approximately 6:30 p.m. Admission is $5 Adults and $2 children 2 to 12 years. For more information, call 918 -666-9401
5. The big movies opening this week are “A Quiet Place” rated PG-13, starring Emily Blunt and John Krasinski (who directed and co-wrote the script) as members of a family forced to live in silence while hiding from creatures that hunt by sound; “Blockers” an R-rated comedy about three parents who try to stop their daughters from having sex on prom night; and “The Miracle Season,” rated PG, the true story of Iowa City West’s 2011 girls volleyball championship run after their team captain dies and the remaining players band together under the guidance of their tough-love coach (Helen Hunt).
WEEKEND LIVE ENTERTAINMENT
Bordertown Casino & Arena
Runnin On Empty
Wesley Michael Hayes
Buffalo Run Casino
No Current Listings
Cherokee Casino Grove
Runnin' on Empty
Rock Legends featuring Billy McGuigan
Earl & Them
Grand Lake Casino
Indigo Sky Casino
Jesse Joice Band
￼River Bend Casino
Big Smitty Band
Jerry Karnes w/ special guest Desiree Newton