Christmas cheer reigns this weekend with several events at the Coleman Theatre and Afton's parade.
1. The annual Christmas at the Coleman Theatre celebration continues with the contemporary holiday classic film "Christmas Vacation,” Friday, Dec. 15 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and children. Come dressed in your best “Cousin Eddie” costume and receive a free box of popcorn. The best costume of the night wins two free tickets to any Coleman Theatre event!
For more information and tickets to any of the scheduled events through the weekend, call 918-540-2425.
2. The Coleman Theatre and the Tulsa Praise Orchestra and Choir welcomes the community for "A Big Band Christmas" Saturday, Dec. 16 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for senior citizens and $5 for students and children.
3. Come and celebrate this Christmas Season this Saturday, December 16th, with the town of Afton at the Annual Christmas Parade starting at 5 p.m. Lineup for the parade will begin at 4 p.m. at the Afton High School where the parade will begin before traveling down Main Street. This year’s theme is “North Pole Comes To Afton.” Starting the parade off will be Afton’s Grand Marshals, followed by local businesses, churches, and many school organization participants. Word on the street is the State Football Champions, “Afton Eagles” may make an appearance!
At the conclusion of the parade, Santa Clause will arrive on the big red fire truck at 6 p.m. at the City Park to visit with children and pose for pictures. Special pictures packets will be available to purchase. At 6:30 p.m. the lighting of the town Christmas tree will be held. There will be hot chocolate, coffee and treats to purchase for all following the parade.
For more information call the Afton Area Chamber of Commerce at 918-533-4902 and 918-533-1063.
4. Rounding out the special holiday events at the Coleman is the timeless classic “It’s A Wonderful Life” Sunday, Dec. 17 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and children.
5. Out in theaters this weekend is the much anticipated “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” which follows Rey as she joins Luke Skywalker on an adventure with Leia, Finn, and Poe that unlocks mysteries of the Force and secrets of the past; for younger kids and animated film fans is “Ferdinand” the story of a young bull who escapes from a bullfighting training camp and is then adopted by a girl who lives on a farm, but his peaceful existence comes crashing down when the authorities return him to his former captors.
WEEKEND ENTERTAINMENT CALENDAR
Bordertown Casino & Arena
Mark Chapman Band
Dead Metal Society
Cherokee Casino Grove
Pumpkin Hollow Band
Movie: "Christmas Vacation"
A Big Band Christmas!
Movie: "It's A Wonderful Life"
Lee Ann Womack
Grand Lake Casino
Rusty Knight & The Dazes
Indigo Sky Casino
￼River Bend Casino (formerly Wyandotte Casino)