WYANDOTTE — The Wyandotte boys have picked up some momentum heading into the holiday break.

The Bears scored their fourth straight win after opening the season with three losses Tuesday night with a 57-46 victory over Bluejacket in the Willie Shell Gymnasium.

“We’re playing more consistent … we’re starting to get our basketball legs under us,” said Wyandotte coach J.K. Wayne. “It’s taken us a little bit. Playing in back-to-back tournaments, we’re not getting a lot of practice time right now.

“We’re starting to play a little better.”

Wyandotte had limited the Chieftains to 33 points heading down the stretch — the same total Fairland had Monday night in the final of the Kenneth Sooter Invitational at Welch.

The Bluejacket scored the final 13 points, including a 3-pointer from Kawlin Rogers with 3.1 seconds remaining.

“Overall I was happy,” Wayne said. “We had a 24-point lead when I subbed out. Bluejacket is a pretty good team. They plan man-to-man defense and they guarded us well. We had to earn everything we got from them.

“You have to give a lot of credit to Bluejacket and what they did.”

The Bears used big second and third quarters to take charge.

They had led only 9-8 after one, but erupted for 23 points in the second quarter to create a 32-19 margin.

Wyandotte was up 50-28 heading into the final stanza.

Trey Jones had a game-high 19 points for the Bears.

“He is our leading scorer right now and rebounder,” Wayne said. “I thought he attacked the backboard well and fought for every rebound.”

Carson Loncarich chipped in with 15 points.

Jacob Burney and Ryan Cooper scored six each and Hunter Anderson, Jordan Burney and Blaine Stephens added two each.

Bluejacket had three players reach double figures, with Justin Pape netting 13 and Ryder Blackfox and Kawlan Rogers scored 10 each.

Jakob Anderson had six, Coy McGlasson four and Cooper Decker three.

Both schools face Welch when they return from the Christmas break, Bluejacket on Jan. 3 and Wyandotte on Jan. 5.