It's a weekend filled with holiday cheer! Check out our quick lists of local events and entertainment.
1. Miami Little Theatre presents the Charles Dickens holiday classic "A Christmas Carol." The show will continue through Sunday, Dec. 3, with performances at 7:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for seniors, students, and children. The play tells the story of Ebenezer Scrooge, an old man who transforms his miserly ways after four ghostly visits one Christmas Eve.
2. This Saturday is a busy one in Ottawa County! Start your day with a hot stack of flapjacks Dec. 2 from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. with the Rotary Club Pancake Feed. This event will be held at the New Life Nazarene Church located at 2025 East Central and is held in conjunction with the Miami Business Expo running from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the same location. For more information, call Shannon at 918-542-4481.
3. Following the Pancake Feed and Business Expo, be sure to be downtown for the 81st annual Miami Christmas Parade along Main Street. The Parade kicks off at 6 p.m. with the theme "A North Pole Christmas."
4. A very busy day is being planned by the Afton Area Chamber of Commerce Saturday, Dec. 2, with a Craft Fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Main street across from Security Bank in Afton. In conjunction with the Craft Fair, a ribbon cutting will be held for two new businesses in the area. We welcome Gypsy Corral located inside of the Stanley’s Eagle Nest starting at 11 a.m. and then Steal City Metals at 11:30 a.m. Come enjoy the Craft Fair and visit these new businesses. For more information call 918-533-4902 or 918-533-1063.
5. A longtime Miami tradition, the Holiday Home Tour, is making a comeback this year, thanks to the efforts of the Miami Kiwanis and the organization’s desire to honor one of its most cherished members. The event will be held Sunday, Dec. 3 from 1 to 4 p.m. and will feature three private residences, along with the Dobson Home which will serve as this year’s tea room. Advance tickets to the home tour are $8 and available at Sunkissed Floral, Ann’s Flowers & Gifts, and the Dobson Museum. They may also be purchased at the Business Expo, to be held this year at New Life Nazarene Church the morning of Saturday, Dec. 2.
WEEKEND ENTERTAINMENT CALENDAR
Bordertown Casino & Arena
Whiskey River Band
Bo Phillips Band
Cherokee Casino Grove
MLT Presents "A Christmas Carol"
Bobby D Band
Grand Lake Casino
No Current Listings
Indigo Sky Casino
Donnie Ray Stevens
￼River Bend Casino (formerly Wyandotte Casino)
UFC 218 Watch Party