Spooky fun, rockin' music, and seasonal fellowship are all in the line-up for this weekend.
1. Get ready for some spooky theatrical fun beginning Friday when The Masquers Club at NEO continues with its annual haunted house on Oct. 27, 28, and 31 from 8 to 11 p.m. in the Fine Arts Auditorium. Tickets are $5 and the haunted house is recommended for ages 10 and above, although children under 10 will be admitted with an adult. For more information, contact Chet Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The Eastern Shawnee Trail has been overrun with zombies, and you will have to run for your life! Under the cover of darkness, on the Eastern Shawnee Trail, you will have to outsmart the zombies whose main objective is to eat your brains and steal your life flags. This will be a run for your life and is NOT a timed event. Costumes are highly encouraged but not required. Packet pick up will begin at 9 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 27 at Eastern Shawnee Wellness Center, 10135 S. Bluejacket Rd. The Zombie run will begin at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 28 at the Eastern Shawnee Trail. For more information call 918-666-5220. Register at: https://www.active.com/wyandotte-ok/running/distance-running-races/zombie-2017
3. Green Acres Baptist Church will host its Fall Festival at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 28. The church is located at 2916 O Street NW in Miami. For more information call 918-541-0360.
4. The staff at Rocket Skating will host the Third Annual Costume Skate from 7 to 11 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28, at the rink, 61805 East 315 Road, Grove. Cost is $5 for the first two hours, $1.50 for each consecutive hour. The costume contest will take place at 9 p.m. Normal dress code rules apply. For safety reasons no masks may be worn or accessories carried onto the skate floor. Kid-friendly costumes are requested. Costumes may also be worn during the 2 to 4 p.m. session on Saturday as well. For more information call 918-787-8746.
5. The new movies in theaters are: “Jigsaw” the R-rated eighth installment in the “Saw” franchise, set over a decade after the death of the eponymous Jigsaw killer as police investigate a string of new murders that fit his modus operandi; “Suburbicon” an R-rated crime comedy directed by George Clooney and starring Matt Damon as a husband and father who must navigate his idyllic town’s dark underbelly; “Thank You for Your Service” rated R about a group of U.S. soldiers returning from Iraq struggles to integrate back into family and civilian life; and “All I See Is You” an R-rated film about a blind woman (Blake Lively) and how her relationship with her husband changes when she regains her sight.
WEEKEND ENTERTAINMENT CALENDAR
Bordertown Casino & Arena
Boston Mountain Playboys
Cherokee Casino Grove
Cherokee Casino West Siloam
Shari Bales Band
Grand Lake Casino
BC & The Big Rig
Indigo Sky Casino
￼River Bend Casino (formerly Wyandotte Casino)
Eddie Valen Band
Disco Dick & The Mirrorballs
2017 Comedy Cup