It's another full weekend of entertainment and culture in Ottawa County. Check out our quick lists of what to do and where to catch the best live music.
1. Time to wear your blue and white and come out to support Miami Public Schools and its student! Join Miami High School as they "Celebrate the Wardogs" in downtown Miami on Friday, Sept. 15 at 4:30 p.m. with the annual Homecoming Parade. The parade starts at Tint N More and will turn on Central Avenue near Security & First National Bank to head east toward the stadium.
2. The 26th Annual Eastern Shawnee Pow Wow runs through the weekend with scheduled events starting Friday, Sept. 15 at 6 p.m. and concluding the evening of Sunday, Sept. 17. Dancing, vendors, food, and host of activities are planned at the tribe’s pow wow grounds at 129 West Oneida St. in Wyandotte, behind Bordertown Casino & Arena near Seneca.
3. United Kennel Club World Championship Zone 4 will be in Miami Sept. 15-16 featuring Coonhound Nite Hunts, Purina Event. Nite Hunts are exciting events for coonhounds, as the dogs compete to find and follow the trail of wild raccoons until their game is in a tree. A winner is determined through points for speed and accuracy. For more information, contact Sarah Bonnema at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-343-9020.
4. Saturday, Sept. 16 come out to admire some slick rides at the Hitch N’ Post Antique & Flea Market's first annual car and motorcycle show on Route 66 Hwy, 401 Commerce Ave, Commerce. Registration is $10 and will be open from 10 a.m. to noon. Judging at 1 p.m. and awards at 2:30 p.m. There will be plenty to do with cash drawings, a 50/50 pot, music, food vendors and an outside swap meet.
5. The big movie opening in theaters this weekend is “Mother!” an R-rated film from acclaimed director Darren Aronofsky and starring Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem as a couple whose relationship is tested when uninvited guests arrive at their home, disrupting their tranquil existence. Also in theaters in the rated R action thriller “American Assassin” about a counterterrorism agent; and “Rebel in the Rye”, PG-13, a biopic about the life of celebrated but reclusive author, J.D. Salinger, who gained worldwide fame with the publication of his novel, “The Catcher in the Rye.”
WEEKEND ENTERTAINMENT CALENDAR
Bordertown Casino & Arena
George Brothers with Leslie Wright
Randy Rogers Band
Joe Giles & the Homewreckers
REO Speedwagon in concert
Scott Keeton Band
Grand Lake Casino
Jump Suit Love
Crueligans Tribute to Motley Crew
Indigo Sky Casino
River Bend Casino (Formerly Wyandotte Casino)