Enjoy an homage to great sleuth dramas at the Coleman, take in some all-star 8 man football, and plan a day of fun with dad to make the most of this weekend.
1. The Miami Little Theatre presents "The Mysterious Case of the Fallen Egg." The play is an affectionate spoof of the private-eye thrillers of the 1940's and 1950's. Remaining showings are Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 10:30 a.m. at the Coleman Theatre Beautiful. Fun for all ages! Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the Coleman box office at 103 N Main St, Miami, calling 918-540-2425, or visiting colemantheatre.org.
2. The best eight-man football players in Oklahoma will be on display Saturday night June 17 at the Oklahoma Eight Man Football Coaches Association all-star game at Red Robertson Field. The game, which caps a week of activities and practices for the players kicks off at 6 p.m.
3. Summer nights mean live music and dancing. This weekend Bordertown Casino hosts Rachelle Turner & Georgia Coast on Friday, while the much anticipated Brantley Gilbert concert with Aaron Lewis will be at Buffalo Run Saturday. Libby Starks & Bandit will be rocking it Friday and The Rumor on Saturday at Indigo Sky. River Bend in Wyandotte will have Earl and Them on Friday. Nearby, Grand Lake Casino has Hi-Fidelics on tap Friday and Travis Kidd on Saturday, while the Cherokee Casino Grove will have ZZ Top Tribute KC Eliminator and Band Delorean on scene Friday and Lickitty Split Saturday.
4. In theaters this weekend is the latest installment of Pixar franchise, “Cars 3,” rated G, wherein Lightning McQueen sets out to prove to a new generation of racers that he’s still the best race car in the world; “Rough Night” an R-rated comedy about a bachelorette party gone wrong; the rated R Tupac Shakur biopic “All Eyez on Me;” and the PG-13 horror-thriller “47 Meters Down” about two sisters who are trapped in a shark cage at the bottom of the ocean with sharks above them and only a tank of oxygen between them.
5. Father’s Day is Sunday and the weekend wouldn’t be complete with a cookout of some kind, so make sure to plan one. (But let him grill the meat — he knows how he likes it.) Plan the menu with his favorite foods, set up outside if it’s nice and enjoy your time together.