Looking for something to do? Here is a list of five ways to have fun and make memories this weekend.
Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. It's Reunion Weekend! It all starts with a special concert Friday, March 3, featuring former Miamian Jacque Garoutte and his band LEVEE TOWN. The band will be bringing along a few extra friends to join them on the Coleman stage at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10.
2. Two of last year’s most popular events in the city — a Miami High School reunion and a get-together for former B.F. Goodrich employees — returns March 4. The combined MHS and BFG reunion will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Civic Center banquet room.
3. Taking a step back in time, Dennis James, the master of “The Mighty Wurlitzer” pipe organ, will perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, March 4, and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, March 5, as he brings two classic comedy silent films to the Coleman starring the great Harold Lloyd.
4. In theaters this weekend is “Logan” rated R, the latest in the American superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Wolverine who is in hiding until a young mutant arrives, being pursued by dark forces; in “The Shack” grieving man receives a mysterious, personal invitation to meet with God; and “Before I Fall” PG-13, a high school senior forced to live the last day of her life over and over until she gets it right.
5. It’s time to show your gratitude. The first week of March is National Write A Letter of Appreciation Week. While many people struggle with the right way to say thank you, the hardest part is just getting started. According to the Hallmark website, simply begin with a greeting, then express your thanks, add details and close with sincerity and/or warmth. Thanks should be given promptly, but it’s never too late to say thank you.