Pelivan Transit owned and operated by Grand Gateway EDA and the Northeast Oklahoma Tribal Transit Consortium will be participating in "Stuff the Bus" for Operation Homefront Oklahoma during October.
(Grove) Pelivan Transit will participate in 'Stuff the Bus Oklahoma 2011' to benefit Operation Homefront Oklahoma. This effort will benefit families of military personnel stationed overseas and wounded warriors returning home. Pelivan Transit will have a donation box located at the Pelivan Dispatch Office at 127 N. Main in Miami and the Wyandotte Nation Tribal Community Center from October 1st through October 18, 2011.
Pelivan Transit will be available to provide transportation to and from the sites for the Native Oklahoma Weekend Sept 30 through October 2nd. There will also be a bus receiving donations for the Operation Homefront Oklahoma at Miami NOW.
Donations will also be accepted on October 6th, 2011 at the Diabetes/Health Screening Event at the Miami Civic Center from 9-3pm.
Governor Mary Fallin has declared October as "Public Transit Month in Oklahoma". ‘Stuff the Bus Oklahoma 2011' produced by the Oklahoma Transit Association in partnership with Operation Homefront Oklahoma. There are multiple ‘Stuff the Bus' events in October across the state to collect holiday items for soldier's families.
Here is the Operation Homefront Oklahoma wish list:
• Gift cards / gift certificates of any amount to grocery stores, restaurants, retail outlets, gasoline
• Holiday toys for kids
• Books for children of all ages.
• Any sports item or equipment related to: football, basketball, soccer, baseball, tennis, golf.
• Coloring/art supplies
• New clothing to include winter items hats, mittens, scarves, coats.
• Diapers: all sizes.
• Food (dry goods ¬holiday items such as cranberry sauce, stuffing, gravy)