Amber Roberson Becomes PPACA Certified
Amber Roberson with the Robert Weaver Family of Companies, including RWI Benefits, LLC, Native Care Health, LLC and Medcase, LLC became certified through The National Association of Health Underwriters’ (NAHU) new professional development course on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). This continuing education course for agents has been approved in all 50 states, and Roberson will receive eleven education credits from the Missouri Department of Insurance.
Roberson, who is a Cherokee citizen, completed this 10-hour course to receive the most up-to-date information on the key technical components of PPACA and is prepared to counsel clients on upcoming required healthcare changes and new options for health plans.
“By taking this course, Roberson has joined an elite group who is uniquely qualified to assist clients in complying with the new law,” said NAHU CEO Janet Trautwein. “She understands how the market is likely to change over the next few years, and is in the perfect position to advise families and businesses in planning for the future.”
Topics of study
• Implementing healthcare reform—overview and politics
• Grandfathered plans and the small-business tax credit
• Medicare Part D and non-discrimination rules
• Patient protection and changes to consumer-directed health plans
• Medical loss ratio requirements and tax implications
• W-2 reporting, summary of benefits, waiting periods, essential benefits and community rating
• Individual mandate, pre-existing conditions and rating reform
• Health insurance exchanges for individuals and small employers
• Employer pay or play
• Self-insured plans
“Are you prepared for a PPACA audit? Most are unaware that fines can be issues up to $10,000 per transaction, where 3 out of 4 audited plans have violations,” said Robert Weaver, President of RWI Benefits. “Now is the time to act on compliance because warriors don’t wait.”
The course is delivered through NAHU’s Online Learning Institute. More information is available at www.nahu.org/education/certifications/ppaca.cfm.
The National Association of Health Underwriters represents 100,000 professional health insurance agents and brokers who provide insurance for millions of Americans. For more information, please visit ChooseRobertWeaver.com.